A Trip to Milton Keynes Dons
There are many opinions about MK Dons and few of them favourable. Visiting their stadium today for the first time was a fairly fascinating experience.
- The ground although well signposted as it has no floodlights when one arrives it is really not at all clear that it is a football ground. There is a hotel at the front of the stadium and to a casual observer one is arriving at some multiplex DoubleTree Hilton hotel.
- For mere mortals there is no parking at the ground, although as the ground is within a major shopping area, how this is policed is not clear. What however is clear is that getting out of the shopping area parking after the football game might need a lifetime investment.
- The ground from the outside looks dull. Black and 50 Shades of Grey. Why?
- There are decent KFC and McDonalds on one corner but no signs and effectively hidden from the starving fans
- The ground inside was superb. I cannot fault anything about the inside other than the relative lack of toilets and the fact that the toilet floor was covered with some unspecified water, liquid and substances. Not good.
- Parking was actually easy opposite the ground in the industrial estates. Escape did take maybe 20 minutes though at the end of the game.
All in all, one of the best grounds I have ever been to.