One of the best meals I had for a long time was in a restaurant in the suburbs of Milan called
Via Dell’Orso, 2, 20122 Milan, Italy
There was no menu, although it became apparent after a while that there were maybe 3 menus on offer. The 30 euro menu, a 20 euro menu and maybe a 18 euro menu. We had the largest menu. Food and wine were superb. Nothing was less than 100% here. You may ask what was the menu? Well let me try and describe what we had.
- Bowl of salad and separate bowl of mozzarella on the table with oil and excellent bread. We presumed this was the starter. Wrong
- Slices of thinly cut veal with a sauce maybe like thousands island? Starter? Wrong again
- Dessert type dish full of cold rice salad.
- Dinner plate full of excellent risotto, cheese and tomato sauce. At this stage we all asked if this was our main course. All food was excellent but we were getting a little embarassed that we could not finish any of our dishes.
- Spaghetti Bolognese. Again excellent.
- Chicken and vegetables. Main course! Wrong. This was one of two main courses! We at this stage said enough……we give in…….no fish main course please……
- Ice Cream
Wine was also excellent and I could have been fooled into thinking it was a claret.