It’s more difficult than one can imagine to entertain 17,000 folks with the right mix of songs.
Even when these folks are avid fans. Fall Out Boy contrived to do this brilliantly . A few reasons why
- Only one excellent quality support band . Against the Current. No need for multiple poor bands to fill time, these guys played maybe 35 minutes and were great
- The stage set was unique in that the background to the band was an ever changing colourful visual .
- The band played 2 songs effectively on a raised stage in the middle of the auditorium. Meaning that even those souls in the Sky got some close ups . A walkway also allowed the band to dance through the crowd in a kind of sensible non contact crowd surfing.
- The set list was a mixture of old and new with even the odd almost acoustic number
- They sounded great. Vocals were superb and the sound very complete.
- They played 90 minutes so not overdoing their welcome including an excellent encore.
All in all a great evening in what is now London’s best large music venue